I. Job Title
Senior Internal Auditor
II. Position Summary
Under the leadership of the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of governance, risk management and internal control with regards to operational, reporting and compliance objectives, and formulates recommendations to Management for its improvement.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed, and following up on outstanding internal audit recommendations.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist the Internal Audit Manager with periodic reporting to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control, risk management and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Senior Internal Auditor may also direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
III. Position Hierarchy
The Senior Internal Auditor reports hierarchically and functionally to the Internal Audit Manager.
IV. Required Qualifications
- At least BAC +4 (undergraduate or graduate degree) in accounting, audit, or finance;
- 5+ years working experience in a solid audit / public accounting firm;
- Understanding of internal auditing standards and of the risk-based audit approach;
- Understanding of the COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework (2013 Edition) and of the COSO Enterprise Risk Management – Integrated Framework;
- Understanding of the principles of accounting and financial reporting according to SYSCOHADA standards and IFRS;
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French, with ability to work effectively in a bilingual environment and to effectively present to peers and management;
- Analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and confidence across the Company’s different functions;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain confidentiality;
- Experience in performing multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- The knowledge of the airline industry will be an asset.
V. Legal status
Send your application to the following address:
BP. 2988 Lome – Togo or Email: email@example.com
The application must include: a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a certified copy of birth certificate, a certified copy of certificate of nationality, certified copies of all diplomas and certificates
For applications sent by mail, please clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the envelope. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission: 21 February 2023